Sunday, December 13, 2015

Natural patterns foxgloves for the home

Introducing my Natural Patterns store whose raison d'ĂȘtre is my love of flowers, photography and my love of making patterns, It's not all photography, and not all flowers, though that is for a later post. Being a keen gardener with a preference for wild flowers, these are my first and foremost subjects of choice, so to start with, the humble foxglove.
A foxglove has immense benefits for health with it's digitalis for heart problems, of course that makes it a dangerous plant - you don't want to chew the leaves or flowers! I'm amazed by the number of potentially harmful plants that are available for gardens. I've only just managed to eradicate some aconitum, or monkshood, which was growing here when we moved in. Now that we have dogs, it's a risk I can't take, pretty though they are. But back to foxgloves. I love the way the flower colours range from white in the unopened buds to a spotty lilac purple when open. They seed themselves everywhere, and none of the animals are interested in them, so they are allowed to carry on. Bumblebees love them, and the sight of the majestic flower spikes in June means that summer is just around the corner.
The photo above shows the pattern and the photo that made it, something I hope to repeat throughout this blog.It's not as simple as just putting a photo into a pattern making machine, I often spend hours getting it to look just right. The parameters for making patterns are infinite! I settled on several patterns, and this square is the one I finally decided would look best.
So I hope this collection of foxglove patterns for the home will find it's way into the home of a gardener or wildflower enthusiast somewhere. The design is available on tablecloths and accessories, with more to be added later.

Natural patterns foxgloves
Natural patterns foxgloves
by RuralFrance
Foxgloves colour palette
 

No comments:

Post a Comment